Safety and health
Alert: The Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) has resources to help employers and workers prepare for and respond to coronavirus in the workplace.
What do I need to know about ensuring a safe and healthy workplace?
The Occupational Safety and Health Administration is committed to helping you ensure safe and healthful working conditions for workers by setting and enforcing standards and by providing training, outreach, education, and assistance.
Please select one of the following questions to learn more about workplace safety and health and find out whom to contact if you need more information.
- What are my basic responsibilities for providing a safe and healthy workplace?
- What kinds of safety reports and records do I need to keep?
- How can I be prepared in the event of a workplace emergency?
- What happens if one of my employees reports an unsafe workplace?
- How can I comply with Federal safety regulations?
- What happens during a safety inspection?
- How can I keep young workers safe in my workplace?
- Who is responsible for providing workers’ compensation?
- What posters am I required to post in my workplace?