Federal contractor requirements
The responsibility to meet additional obligations as a Federal contractor
The U.S. Department of Labor is committed to helping you understand and adhere to the additional responsibilities you have towards your employees as an employer who does business with the Federal Government – in other words, a Federal contractor or subcontractor. Please note that this list of common issues focuses on those that are employment-related and doesn’t cover all Federal contractor requirements.
Please select one of the following questions to learn more about employment-related requirements for Federal contractors and subcontractors and to find out whom to contact if you need more information.
- What must I do to prevent discrimination in the workplace?
- Do I have to comply with any affirmative action requirements?
- What wages can I pay my employees as a Federal contractor or subcontractor?
- What obligations do I have to confirm the eligibility of my employees to work in the United States?
- What posters do I need to display in my workplace?