Pay and benefits
What do I need to know about compensating my employees?
The U.S. Department of Labor is committed to helping you pay your employees properly and navigate your responsibilities if you provide employee benefits.
Please select one of the following questions to learn more about pay and benefits and find out whom to contact if you need more information.
- What are the basic requirements for paying my employees?
- What does it mean to pay for all hours worked?
- What are the requirements around paying minimum wage?
- Do I have to pay overtime?
- What kinds of pay and hours records do I need to keep?
- What are the rules about hiring youth?
- Do I need to provide family and medical leave?
- What does it mean to provide equal pay?
- Do pension and retirement savings rules apply to me?
- Do I need to provide health benefits?
- What posters do I need to display in my workplace?